Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Bottom's Up

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a non-holiday wine bottle tag that was commissioned by the mother of a colleague who I had the pleasure of meeting when I was a vendor at a small Christmas show in early December.


The printed paper is Doodlebug "Polar Pals" Ski Sweater layered on Close To My Heart Lagoon and Recollections White.   The medallion was punched from more Close To My Heart Lagoon as well as Thistle using Martha Stewart's Double Loop Punch Around The Page set.  The sentiment is Microsoft Word layered on more Lagoon.  The ribbons are Craftsmart and Multicrafts.

I have to say it was so much fun to craft a bottle tag that wasn't holiday themed.  Besides the sentiment, the only element requested was the medallion so I chose a piece of paper with colours that I really love.  The new light/dark sided Close To My Heart solid paper coordinated beautifully with the colours in the printed paper.  It was also pretty easy to choose a couple of ribbons that worked.  I was going to add another embellishment but couldn't figure out a good placement so decided to just forgo.  In the end, it wasn't needed anyway.

I hope you enjoy this tag and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment