Saturday, January 3, 2015

Floral Birthday Greetings

Hello everyone,

On New Year's day I had so much fun painting some intricate images that I decided to take some time to play with some new stamps.


The images are Stampin' Up Bloom With Hope stamped in StazOn Timber Brown on Recollections Vanilla and coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons.  The images are highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Wetlands also stamped in StazOn Timber Brown on Recollections Vanilla.  The image and sentiment elements are layered on Stampin' Up Calypso Coral and Apricot Appeal.  The embellishments are Doodlebug mini pearls.

This is one really bright card!  I actually didn't plan it to be quite so bright.  I think if I had flipped the coral and apricot the card wouldn't be quite so loud.  This was my second attempt to get these images looking decent.  The first time I coloured much too hard and used too wet a brush.  This second time, I used a very light touch with the crayons and a very dry brush.  It had been a while since I used watercolour crayons and I wish it hadn't because this card was a lot of fun to craft.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment