Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Formal Condolences

Hello everyone,

I'm working away on my list of stash cards that are running low.  Unfortunately I go through a lot of sympathy cards so I wanted to craft something a little different.


The printed paper is Momenta Patty Young Designs layered on Stampin' Up Ruby Red and Basic Grey.  The image is Stampin' Up Mixed Bunch stamped in Ruby Red on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbon is American Crafts.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques and unknown origin.

I really liked the muted colours in this patterned paper.  I went for a more formal look than I'd usually make because I thought it was well suited to the pattern.  I hadn't originally planned to add an image but there was just too much space on the card not to.  I thought this image worked very well with the paper.  I'm not really sure if this is a male or female card but I do hope it appeals to someone.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice card. It is hard to imagine that the busy stamp would go so well with the busy designer paper but it really is a fabulous combination.

    ReplyDelete