Thursday, December 21, 2017

Stockings And Circles

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last of the commissioned Christmas cards.


The printed paper is American Crafts "Be Merry" Stockings layered on a red of unknown origin. The bottom layer is Bazzill Green textured with Craft Concepts Merry Christmas embossing folder.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Santa's Sentiments stamped in Stampin' Up Real Red on Recollections white and layered on more green Bazzill and red.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

I wasn't sure about embossing this green layer as the core most always shows through and it's not necessarily a look that I like.  In this case however I found the rather vintage aspect not too bad at all.  I chose a sentiment that I could use in a circle punch because I wanted to do the circle and scalloped circle layers.  This is a very straightforward layout that I've used many, many times and which always makes me very happy!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment