Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Be My Valentine

Hello everyone,

Today's post is for another card that I've designed for the beginner paper crafters group for our upcoming Crop.


The printed papers are BoBunny "A Gift of Love" Crazy Love, Fudge and Flowers, and Crazy Love Kisses layered on Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado Happy Days stamped in Close To My Heart Tulip and Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The brad is Recollections.

I have a ton of Valentine themed paper and I know, in my heart of hearts, I will never, ever, use it all.  By layering two printed papers from the same collection, I not only use up some of my stash but also add some visual interest.  By not leaving a huge reveal between layers and also using a neutral between the two, it is not overwhelming.  I chose this particular sentiment because it comes into two parts and it will allow the beginners to use two different inks.  I've used a typical 'I SPI' layout but I'm hoping the beginners will use their own creativity and change it up!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun card. Those papers make me think of chocolates!

    ReplyDelete