Thursday, August 9, 2018

One Little Butterfly

Hello everyone,

This birthday card post is everything I love in a card.


The printed paper is K & Company Butterfly Collage Flat Paper layered on a dark blue of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite on Recollections Vanilla.  The card is highlighted with Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls.

When I was gathering supplies for this commission I came across some light grey card bases and I fell in love.  Grey is not necessarily a 'go to' colour for me but these card bases are so beautiful and they coordinate perfectly with so many of the printed papers in my stash (and my bin of leftovers).  I love how the grey works with all the different tones in the printed paper.  It took me a bit to find just the right shade of blue for layering but it was worth the angst.  It was hard to give this card to the senior's residence and I only hope I can replicate it for my own stash.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment