Monday, February 11, 2013

Fancy Floral II

Hello everyone,

This is card two in the one sheet wonder samples that I'm putting together for the crop card class.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline "Cute" Garden, layered on Stampin' Up Ruby Red.  The bottom layer is Calypso Coral, textured with Darice Large Petals embossing folder, highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and layered on Pool Party.  The flower is Ruby Red, Blush Blossom and Pool Party, highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The brad is American Crafts Pastel Elements.  The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Square Posies stamped in Ruby Red on Whisper White.

This is my least favourite in this series.  I don't often do flowers but I wanted to give it a try because of the paper which I felt this Stampin' Up punch mimicked quite well.  I think I should have used the coordinating stamp before I punched it out as it wouldn't look quite so flat.  It works just fine with the embossing and the paper so I really think it my flower-making that is lacking.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment