Friday, August 26, 2016

Pairing Pears

Hello everyone,

I've toned the colour combination down on today's card.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket DeLovely layered on Recollections White which was embossed with Cuttlebug's Victoria embossing folder.  The image is Stampin' Up Faith In Nature stamped to Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf on Recollections White and layered on Bazzill Basics "Two Scoops" Mint Chips.  The sentiment is also Stampin' Up Faith In Nature stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and layered on more Mint Chips.  The embellishments are Kaisercraft black Pearl Strips.

What a different a day makes.  This card is so much more zen than the past couple.  Coordination is a beautiful thing - the embossing coordinates with the pattern in the printed strip, the pear image is paired (ha! ha!) with the printed paper, and the black embellishments coordinate with the ink in the sentiment.  I suppose I could have used black on the image but I rather like the green when all is said and done.  I can't explain why the different shades of green work together - I suspect it's because they've all got yellow tones (as opposed to grey or blue).  Regardless, I think this is a wonderful result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment