Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Flight of Fire

Hello everyone,

I'm shocked that today's card actually came to be as I had a hard time making choices.


The image is Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies die cut from a gold of unknown origin.  The background layers are a piece of watercolour paper smooshed with a variety of Stampin' Up Watercolour crayons, a gold of unknown origin, Close To My Heart Vineyard Berry and Stampin' Up Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Bravo Burgundy.  The embellishments are Multicrafts Keepsakes Memories.

I came across this scrap of watercolour paper when I looking for a background for Sunday's Fish 2 card.  I love the warm, fiery colours and originally planned to make this a horizontal card with a single, more elaborate butterfly die cut.  Once I spied this die, I changed my mind and this card went in a pretty different direction (both figuratively and physically).  I love the results!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment