Thursday, August 11, 2016

Butterfly Wings

Hello everyone,

One of my girlfriends recently lost her sister-in-law and I thought she'd like this particular card.


The image is Elizabeth Craft Designs affixed to vellum and painted with LuminArte Blushing Rose, English Lavender, Ice, Mustard Green, Mystic Blue, Plum Blossom and Royal Orchid Twinkling H2Os.  The image is layered on Recollections White, Paper Accents Glossy Mirror Silver and Ranger alcohol-inked glossy paper.  The sentiment is Gina Marie All Seasons stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

As I was painting this butterfly I thought it would make a great birthday card for a young girl with all those pinks and purples.  Once I'd settled on the layers however, I knew this was the card I'd send to my girlfriend.  It's maybe a little more cheerful than a sympathy card ought to be but there is just something about it that feels right.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment