Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tree Of Thanks

Hello everyone,

I believe that any card set really should include a thank you card because you never know when you'll need one.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket layered on Recollections White.  The background image is Stampin' Up You've Got This stamped in Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf on Recollections White and layered on Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thank You Tree stamped in Close To My Heart Twilight.  The ribbons are of unknown origin.

This card didn't really come together easily as I was undecided over every element.  At first I thought I'd layer with Twilight paper and use a single large sentiment but I wasn't happy with the impression (it was rather blotchy and couldn't be 'fixed' with a Sakura pen) and the Twilight layer seemed too dark.  I finally walked away for a bit - that often works for me.  I love this background stamp - it's a favourite in virtually any colour.  As I looked for a image in my wooden stamp collection, I found this thank you tree that I hadn't used in ages but really love.  The tree needed to be anchored so I pawed through the bits and pieces of leftover ribbon.  When I couldn't choose between the thin or wide I just decided to use both.  It was worth walking away because I'm really happy with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment