Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pretty Poppies

Hello everyone,

I loved yesterday's painted butterfly so much, I decided to try the same technique with some poppies.


The image is Elizabeth Craft Designs affixed to vellum and painted with LuminArte Cedarwood, Deep Coral, Ginger Peach, Golden Jade, Ice, Olive Vine, and Poppy Red Twinkling H2Os. The image is affixed to Recollections Vanilla and layered on Stampin' Up Garden Green, River Rock and Mossy Meadow.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Mossy Meadow on Recollections Vanilla.

Something I've learned is that when you paint on vellum, it gets rather wrinkled.  In this case, I placed the image under a book overnight and though it's not perfectly flat, there is a little bit of texture that makes this even more interesting.  I just love these poppies!  The painting isn't too bad, better than if I'd tried markers!  This is a really simple layout without any added embellishments as I didn't want anything to detract from the image.  More to come!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment