Friday, August 19, 2016

More Art Deco

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses another painted art deco element.


The image is a Starform Outline Sticker affixed to vellum and painted with LuminArte Sage, Summer Breeze, Wild Plum and Wisteria Twinkling H20s.  The image is layered on Stampin' Up Whisper White, Recollections Black, Close To My Heart Juniper and a shimmery purple of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Sentimentally Yours Scribbled Sentiments stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishment is Kaisercraft Pearl Strips.

This card was way more of a challenge than it ought to have been.  The pink petals (I thought Wisteria was actually more purple) were suppose to be more light purple and the blending didn't go as well as it has been.  I originally chose purple and green because it's a colour combination that usually works so well.  The layers just weren't working until I added the purple with the small reveal.  I knew I wanted to craft a horizontal card and it also gave me an excuse to use this longer sentiment.  It's an OK card, but certainly not a favourite.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment