Saturday, March 28, 2015

Autumn Ikat

Hello everyone,

I must have been a glutton for punishment for trying to craft straight ikat lines after yesterday's medallions.


The image is Avery Elle Ikat stamped in Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry.  The sentiment is Serendipity stamped in Always Artichoke on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Always Artichoke and more Crushed Curry.

I was looking for an entirely different feel for today's card and this ikat stamped in fall colours was just the ticket.  Remarkably, this was much easier to stamp than the medallions.  I think its partly because as a straight line, it just an easier stamp to stamp.  It's also a polymer stamp which, being clear, is much easier to position and I also think because you can actually see the impression being made, you're less likely to press too hard.  I can't wait to try this in some different colours.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment