Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Thankful Feathers

Hello everyone,

Today's thank you card is just incredibly awesome!


The printed paper is BasicGrey Porcelain layered on Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz and Calypso Coral.  The image is Stampin' Up Four Feathers stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Cameo Coral on Recollections Vanilla and die cut from Sizzix Feathers Framelits.  The sentiment is Gina K Labeled With Love stamped in Pear Pizzazz on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Calypso Coral.  The brad is of unknown origin.

Sometimes a card just crafts itself.  Sometimes I agonize over every element.  Sometimes a card percolates in my mind for a bit before it actually comes together.  This is a percolating card.  I had the idea running through my mind for a couple of days before I actually had time to sit down and craft.  I have to say, it turned out better in reality than in my imagination.  I love having the bird cage paper that speaks so well to the feathers.  I love the colour combination.  I thought about adding a hint of brown (very subtly in the printed paper) but the coral and green was more than enough.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment