Saturday, December 17, 2016

Shiny and Bright

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card was commissioned by a colleague for her Aunt with specific instructions for shiny, glitter, red, and big.


The card base is Recollections Mercury Glass Christmas.  The vertical stripe is a glittered gold of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Denami Design heat embossed with Close To My Heart gold embossing powder, layered on more glittered gold, Mercury Glass and a shimmered gold of unknown origin.  The embellishments are silver snowflakes of unknown origin and Annabelle Elements.

I always try to accommodate commissions and in this case, filled the requirements of shiny, glitter, red and big.  This card is not necessarily to my taste exactly but I don't hate it either.  I've a particular 'thing' for mercury glass and I think this particular red and gold sheet is particularly perfect for this commission.  I wish I'd had gold snowflakes but decided to use the silver ones I had on hand because the size worked well with the larger sized card base.  I don't often get the opportunity to work with this large vertical Christmas stamp so this was another bonus with the larger sized card.  My colleague liked it and I hope her Aunt does as well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment