Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Retro Baby Welcome


Hello everyone,

Today’s post is another recycled baby card that my mother had stashed away for the past 50 odd years.


The image panel is a recycled card layered on Close To My Heart Heavenly Blue and Marianne Design Basic Watercolour Bloc.  The sentiment is Stampin’ Up Short and Sweet stamped in Altenew Ocean Waves.  The ribbon is Sheer Creations.  The button embellishment is of unknown origin.

I really love the soft blues and pinks in this card and the shaped edge is wonderful.  I dug out some of my favourite rainbow ribbon for an accent and found the button embellishment couldn’t be a better match.  I debated placing the sentiment on an angle beneath the image but I don’t think that would have worked all that well with the overall ‘vintage’ style of the card.  It’s a lovely result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment