Friday, March 2, 2018

Sweet Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another card with a Yupo paper background.


The image is Stampin' Up Serene Silhouettes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Whisper White.  The background layers are Yupo paper dipped in water that was sprinkled with Ranger alcohol ink, Stampin' Up Whisper White, and Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Sincere Expressions stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on more Whisper White.  The embellishment is Marianne Design Butterflies.

This card just didn't want to be crafted!  I originally planned to stamp the image directly on the background but I dropped the stamped and made a big smoosh so I had to use a cover-up.  The sentiment also smooshed so that needed a cover-up too.  I came across this marbling Yupo paper / alcohol ink technique with this Jennifer McGuire technique video.  It didn't turn out like I expected but I do love how soft it turned out.  I'm going to keep working on it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment