Monday, March 26, 2018

Retro Window


Hello everyone,

Today’s card post recycles a card I received from a friend when I was about nine or ten.


The image panel is a recycled card layered on Close To My Heart Bamboo and Stampin’ Up Blackberry Bliss.  The sentiment is Stampin’ Up Wetlands stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Blackberry Bliss and Bamboo.

This is (was) a very pretty card.  I quite liked the idea of a window on a window.  The colours and the yellow butterflies really drew my eye to this card.  I placed the sentiment in the design sweet spot, layering it on different shaped punched pieces to add interest but not overwhelm the image panel.  I chose not to add any embellishments because I didn’t want to detract from that wonderful image panel.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment