Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a colleague's uncle. He lives out of town and she wanted to send him something special.


The paper is Stampin' Up Urban Oasis designer series paper, Kraft and Basic Black. The sentiment is Stampin' Up It's Your Birthday. The embellishments are Hero Arts Black Pearls.

I didn't get a lot of hints for this card, though my colleague did say that her uncle was a businessman, he is in a nursing home and is in his nineties. I decided to keep it simple and tailored and I think I succeeded. This card's punch comes from the fabulous paper which is really well-suited for a masculine card. The paper gives me a sense of the 60's when her uncle likely would have been in his heydays. No fuss, no muss - it works.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours of the papers you chose for this beautiful card ! Have a nice week-end, Isabelle

    ReplyDelete