Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thinking Christmas

Hello everyone,

Today's card is part of the package of commissioned cards for my colleague who I've posted about the last few days. In addition to the teachers gifts and the gift tags, she asked for five Christmas cards. I'm very pleased with this series of French cards. I borrowed the stamps and it has been great fun playing with different images and sentiments.


The background paper is BoBunny Father Christmas Holly. The solid papers are Recollections. The image and sentiment are Stampin' Up Benedictions de saison. The chickadee and holly branch were stamped in Crumb Cake, clear heat embossed and painted with a variety of LuminArte Twinkling H2Os.

This card turned out even better than I had in my mind. The clear heat embossing making painting within the lines easier and it appears to be rather light gold in colour. I had originally thought to add some little embellishments but with the great paper and Twinkling H2Os, it just didn't need it. I know my colleague will love it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment