Monday, November 28, 2011

Holly and Shimmer I

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses a new holly stamp that I just picked up on a recent trip to Montreal with a cardmaking friend. It was an overwhelming trip in that we visited two stores (Scrapbook Centrale and Bonnidee) and saw a ton of great stuff we'd never seen before. I've lots of new things to play with and I can't wait to 'show and tell'.


The card base is Autumn Leaves. The image is Outlines Large Holly Leaves Topper. It is stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey, clear heat embossed then painted with Ruby Red, Douglas Fir and Golden Opal LuminArte Twinkling H2Os. The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Holly Leaves stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White and layered on a gold paper of unknown origin. The embellishments are EK Success Shimmering Gold Dots.

I love this card! Is it any surprise that I was drawn to this stamp? I wasn't sure about the size at first, there wasn't a smaller size, but figured if I used a larger card base, it would work. I thought using just half the stamp was inspired. Another reason why this stamp appealed was because it is perfect for painting.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment