Monday, August 14, 2017

Celebrating 70

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned for a gentleman whose celebrating his 70th birthday.


The image is Gina K Follow Your Dreams stamped in StazOn Timber Brown and painted with Rebhan watercolor paints.  The image panel is layered on Core'dinations Jim Holtz Kraft-core.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Early Espresso.  The embellishment is My Mind's Eye Sleight Bells Ring Wooden Dots.

As those who follow I SPI know, I don't often craft cards with scenes let alone painted ones.  This was actually my first attempt and I was so pleasantly surprised with the results.  I do find watercolor painting a lot more forgiving than markers.  The gentlemen receiving this card loves the outdoors.  He has a boat and loves to fish.  This seemed the most appropriate of cards to craft for him.  I hope he likes it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment