Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Swallowtail Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last of the cards I had crafted before 'Christmas In July'.


The printed papers are Momenta Denise Urban.  The image is Stampin' Up Swallowtail stamped in Close To My Heart Desert Sand on a vanilla of unknown origin and layered on more Momenta.  The sentiment is Gina K Framed Greeting stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.

I didn't something new with this card by slightly distressing the edges with a sanding block.  I didn't want too much distress but just enough so the printed papers would pop a bit against the kraft card base.  It actually worked better than I intended.  I'm sure I've mentioned this previously but I can't say enough how much I love this image.  The size and fine detail are striking every single time I use it.  I thought it was particularly effective for a sympathy card.  There was something about the vintage feeling of this paper that lead me to craft a sympathy card and I'm really happy with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment