Monday, August 21, 2017

Paris Inspiration

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another very vintage birthday card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The edge of the sentiment panel was punched with Martha Stewart's Quilted Edge punch.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Blue Enamel Dots.

I don't quite know what it is about this printed paper but I just couldn't resist it for a card in this series.  It is very whimsical.  I love the variety of the colours.  The Early Espresso layer really makes this card pop.  This sentiment gave me considerable grief.  It was hard to get straight and the impression, obviously, wasn't as even as it should be.  I think the uneven ink application is actually a problem with my ink pad storage, which I'll try to fix by re-inking.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment