Thursday, August 10, 2017

Flowering Retirement

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a retirement card that was commissioned by a colleague.


The printed paper is Close To My Heart Brushed layered on Close To My Heart Black and Pear.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Altenew Jet Black on Recollections White and layered on more Black and Pear.  The images are Altenew Painted Butterflies stamped in Altenew Jet Black, Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine and Cosmic Berry.  The embellishments are Kaisercraft Light Pink Rhinestones.

This is such a pretty card.  I love the flowery paper and it's cheery colours.  The butterflies were one of those irresistible additions.  Any chance I can find to use Altenew multi-step stamps, I will.  I thought adding the layers of black would make both the paper and sentiment pop just that little bit more.  I also think it grounds things somewhat.  I really like the result so expect to see a little more of this type of layering.  This was a custom card and of the parameters I was given, garden and butterflies were on the list so it came together quite easily.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment