Wednesday, May 9, 2018

All That Glitters

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card I crafted for a girlfriend.


The card base is Close To My Heart Sunny Yellow.  The image is Annabelle Stamps Square Posies stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso on a vanilla of unknown origin.  The image was coloured with Martha Stewart Brownstone and Peridot glitter, and Stickles Yellow Dry Fine glitter.  The image was layered on a glittered brown of unknown origin.  The sentiment was cut from more glittered brown with Altenew Halftone Happy die and stamped with more Early Espresso.  The 'birthday' was highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Crystal Stickers Mark Richard 5 mm brown Glitter Dome stickers.

My girlfriend love black eyed Susan's and glitter so it was a no-brainer to use glitter on this image.  It's not necessarily a black eyed Susan flower but it was a great image for applying glitter.  I had just enough leftover brown glitter paper after cutting the layer to use it for the 'happy' die cut and I love the results.  I'm not sure what inspired the layout but I think it works great!  I used the triangle design theory to apply the embellishments and I'm really happy with the results.  A sparkly and happy card for a sparkly and happy woman!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment