Saturday, May 12, 2018

Simply Serene

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card I crafted for a girlfriend who loves the outdoors and has had a pretty tough year.


The card base is Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding.  The printed paper is Stampin' Up Sweet Sorbet layered on a white of unknown origin.  The image panel is Stampin' Up Waterfront stamped on more white of unknown origin with Altenew Sand Dunes, Evening Gray, Frayed Leaf and Sunkissed, and Stampin' Up Bordering Blue.  The sentiment is Gina Marie All Seasons stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye 'Lost & Found' Oliver enamel dots.

Ikat prints have been growing on my for the past few years.  Though from the same designer series as the previous two cards, this print is remarkably different.  I though it would be a good background for the serene image I'd intended.  It's not quite as stark in reality as this photo appears.  The colours I used in this card as ones that my girlfriend is drawn too.  She also lives on the water and takes advantage of kayaking on the river whenever she needs some respite.  I really hope this card will keep that serenity going.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment