Saturday, May 5, 2018

Piano Player

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a special piano birthday card that I crafted for one of my sisters.


The card base is a white Bazzill.  The various layers are Recollections Black, a white of unknown origin and Stampin' Up Real Red.  The sentiment is Gina K Block Greetings stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The key lines were drawn with Tombow black.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

This is not a usual card for me but I was in the mood to try something a little different.  I found a similar card while surfing Pinterest and it seemed ideal for my piano playing sister.  I love the red/white/black colour combination.  I did a dry run with the piano top using scrap paper that I traced onto the black card stock to cut out.  I'm not good at free handing things so I figured it was the best way to avoid wasting a lot of paper.  It only took me a couple of attempts to get it the shape I wanted.  I really love the result and I'm really confident that my sister will love it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment