Monday, November 12, 2018

Barely Banana Duo

Hello everyone,

Today's pair of cards have a distinct Asian feel.


The card base is Stampin' Up Barely Banana.  The image is Stampin' Up Asian Artistry stamped on Recollections Vanilla after being coloured with Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze and More Mustard watercolour crayons.  The image panel is layered on Close To My Heart light and dark Fern.  The embellishments are Recollections Adhesive Pearls.


The card base is Stampin' Up Barely Banana.  The image is Stampin' Up Asian Artistry stamped on Recollections Vanilla after being coloured with Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Rose Red and Summer Sun watercolour crayons.  The image panel is layered on Close To My Heart Fern and Ruby.  The embellishment is Marianne Design Butterflies.

This is a favourite and easy stamping technique.  The only trick is not to use too much water otherwise you'll end up with a muddy and blurry image.  I often use this stamp set when doing the watercolour crayon technique because the images are pretty easy to colour and the results are wonderful.  I'm not happy with my choice of light yellow card base.  Yellow has always been a challenging colour for me to work with.  Still, these are a lovely pair of cards.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment