Friday, November 23, 2018

Retirement Pansies

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a retirement card that I crafted for a girlfriend who hung up her building pass this fall.


The card base is a vanilla of unknown origin (likely Recollections).  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a brushed gold also of unknown origin.  The images are Altenew Pretty Pansies stamped in Limestone, Soft Lilac, Pink Diamond, Lavender Fields, Rose Quartz, and Frayed Leaf on an unknown vanilla and cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Wild About Flowers stamped in Altenew Industrial Diamond on a vanilla of unknown origin and layered on more brushed gold.  The rhinestone embellishments are of unknown origin.

My girlfriend's favourite flower is the pansy so using this paper and stamp set was a no-brainer.  I really tried to replicate the die cut pansies with those on the printed paper and went through a variety of ink variations before I found one I liked.  I really love the different layers and I used a variety of dimensionals to pop up the cut pansies.  The slight shimmer of the gold layers adds just that little bit of extra to make this card really special.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment