Monday, January 20, 2020

Butterfly Kaleidoscope

Hello everyone,

Today's post is yet another sweet birthday card.


The card base is Recollections White.  The printed paper is Crafts layered on an orange Bazzill.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Banner Greeting stamped in Altenew Turquoise on Recollections White and layered on more orange.  The embellishments are Darice Glitter Crystal gems.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

As much as I love butterflies, this is not a favourite piece of printed paper.  It's just a little to orange and light blue.  That said, I ran with those colours and came up with a card that's not too bad in the overall scheme of things.  I also added some dots of Stickles which always seems to making everything better.  I think I should have used a darker colour for the sentiment as there is not as much as of a contrast as I would have liked.

By the way, a group of butterflies can be known as a kaleidoscope, a flutter, or a swarm.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment