Sunday, May 17, 2015

Brown, Blue And Beautiful

Hello everyone,

Today's charity card uses some of the blue card bases in the DCWV package.  In addition to using up these card bases that have been in my stash forever, I've broken into the scrap bin to see what else I can take advantage of.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is of unknown origin (possibly DCWV) layered on textured Stampin' Up Soft Suede.  The images are Stampin' Up Work of Art stamped in Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Sassy Salutations stamped in Close To My Heart Twilight on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Soft Suede.  The embellishments are Fabricland.

I really envisioned this card as a masculine card and I think it turned out great.  I tried to add another layer under the printed paper but I couldn't find a blue that provided enough contrast.  I suppose I could have used some Vanilla but in the overall scheme, it was really necessary.  Masculine cards are just as lovely with a little less.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment