Friday, May 15, 2015

Ink Spots

Hello everyone,

Today's charity card was more than a challenge.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The images are Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamped in Close To My Heart Tulip, and Stampin' Up Midnight Muse and Certainly Celery on Recollections White and layered on Close To My Heart Tulip. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Curly Cute stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The blue splotches are highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.

I hate, hate, hate it when a card gives me such a hard time.  On the first attempt I stamped the images in Versafine and the sentiment in Tulip and ended up smudging the dots so badly a cover up wasn't possible.  On the second attempt I stamped the images in Tulip and it looked, completely inappropriately, like blood splatter.  On the third attempt I added the larger splotches in the green and blue, finally a good result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment