Sunday, September 30, 2018

Softly Simple

Hello everyone,

After five months, notwithstanding Christmas In July, today's post is the last in the birthday card series that was commissioned by a local Senior's residence.  This was, by far, the largest commission I've ever received and overall I'm extremely pleased with the results.

This last birthday card is a lovely and simple card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a beige and a dusty rose Bazzill.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Happy Wishes stamped in Altenew Moon Rock on Recollections Vanilla.  The card is highlighted with Platinum Liquid Pearls.

This was a great piece of paper on which to stamp a sentiment.  I've not used this particular set all that often because it's possibilities are pretty numerous and I need to do a bit of experimenting.  In this case, inspired by the relative neutral-ness of the overall style, I was encouraged to keep the sentiment monochromatic.  I'm not all that happy with the dots of Liquid Pearls as I think less would have ended up being more.  Who knew that applying a few embellishing dots would be so complex?  I still think this is a great card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment