Monday, February 24, 2020

Hello Kitty

Hello everyone,

Today's post is an Asian inspired cat card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla.  The image is cut with the Stampin' Up Cat paper punch from more Very Vanilla and is layered on an origami paper of unknown origin.  The image panel is layered on a green Bazzill, a gold of unknown origin and a Recollections red.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Four You stamped in Altenew Hunter Green on Very Vanilla and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

When I was looking for inspiration on Pinterest, I came across a number of cards which used the negative of the punched image.  I've seen it before but have never given it a try so figured this series of cards was the perfect opportunity.  It's certainly not difficult but it took me a little more time to find a backing paper.  I thought this origami paper was perfect because the scale of the images are great.  I drew the solid colours from the origami paper.  I spent some time looking for a sentiment that would fit in the space, finally settling on a simple 'hello' card which can be used for any occasion.  I'm quite happy with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle 

No comments:

Post a Comment