Thursday, June 20, 2019

Eye Thanks

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a card commissioned by a girlfriend for her eye doctor who is retiring.


The card base is Recollections Vanilla.  The printed paper is BasicGrey Oxford layered on Close To My Heart Desert Sand and a brushed gold of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The embellishments are Stampin' Up Metallic Pearls.

My girlfriend had requested an eye glasses theme and I was hesitant to say the least.  That was until I remembered this BasicGrey Oxford collection.  I didn't find anything in the paper pad but I found this one scrap in the envelop of leftovers.  It's all that was left of the piece and I didn't even have to trim to craft this great card.  The eye doctor is not one for glitter so this paper was even more perfect.  Layering it on the Desert Sand and adding a bit of shimmery gold brought everything together beautifully.  It's a great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment