Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Warmly Winged

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a warm birthday card.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Stampin' Up Thanks For Caring stamped in Tombow 873, 933 and 991 on Recollections White.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart For Every Occasion stamped in Close To My Heart Sunset. The image and sentiment are layered on Stampin' Up Groovy Guava and Hello Honey.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The flower embellishment, also of unknown origin, is highlighted with Golden Rod Stickles.

This is one of my favourite butterfly images of the many, many butterfly images in my stash.  I love the flourished lines.  The scale is perfect for a smaller sized card base.  It also takes marker really well.  After Saturday's pretty trio card, I wanted to try another card along the same lines.  I actually find this layout quite interesting.  The colours work well together (I kind of surprised myself) and really add to the warmth of the overall scheme.  I wish I had placed the ribbon just a little further from the bottom edge but that's a pretty minor complaint for what's a really great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment