Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the card I crafted for my mother.


The card base is a red Bazzill.  The image is Art Impressions Strawberry stamped in Tombow 177 and 847 on Recollections White.  The sentiment is Gina Marie All Seasons stamped in Altenew Jet Black on Recollections White.  The image and sentiment are layered on a dark green Bazzill, more red Bazzill and a white of unknown origin.

I have been so focused on crafting 'pandemic' cards lately that I almost completely forgot about Mother's Day today.  It would have been disastrous had I not gotten it together last weekend.  My mother loves strawberries and I've made a variety of strawberry cards for her over the years.  This stamp was bought years ago with her in mind.  It is a favourite stamp because it's really easy to colour with markers or watercolour crayons.  I love the layers that make the berry pop!  It's a simple card but so effective!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment