Saturday, May 2, 2020

Simple Daisies

Hello everyone,

I completely forgot to post a card yesterday!  Confinement is really messing with my days!

Today's post (which should have been yesterday's) is a great daisy 'thinking of you' card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Whisper White.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Close To My Heart Honey and a white of unknown origin.  The sentiment is My Favorite Things Brushstroke Expressions stamped in Close To My Heart Outdoor Denim on Whisper White and layered on more Not Quite Navy.  The flowers were cut with a Bosskut Wildflower Cutouts die from Whisper White and Honey, and were highlighted with Yellow Stickles.

A pandemic is the perfect time for cheerful cards and this one fits the bill perfectly!  I've used some of the paper before and just love the results.  I was trying to mimic the paper with the flower embellishment, dusting off a die that hadn't seen the light of day in a long time.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I highly suggest Yellow Stickles as a staple in anyone's stash.  It's adds a great touch of glitter and the colour is just fantastic!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment