Thursday, December 31, 2020

Retro Merry Christmas

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is the final Christmas card of the year!

The card base is Recollections Vanilla.  The printed paper is October Afternoon Silent Night layered on Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon.  The sentiment is Dee's Distinctively small Merry Christmas die, cut from Stampin' Up Ruby red and layered on a strip of Recollections Vanilla that was textured with Quickutz Ornaments Border embossing folder.  The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

The various elements of this card had been sitting on my desk for weeks until I finally had some time on Christmas afternoon to put them all together.  There is something about 'retro' that I find especially appealing.  It somehow seems especially fitting to think about better decades after the dumpster fire that has been 2020.  It's also a pretty nice capper to this year's cards if I do say so myself.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment