Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Gift of You IV

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another wonderful 'birthday' card.

The card base is Craft Smith.  The printed origami paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin’ Up Certainly Celery and Joy Crafts mirrored dark pink.  The sentiment is Verses Gift of You stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and layered on more Certainly Celery.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Green Triangles.

A number of years back I was gifted some beautiful scraps of origami paper.  I so loved the paper I bought a few packs at a local paper store.  It is great paper to work with but the designs can be somewhat limiting in terms of theme.  I thought the font of the 'Celebrate' in the sentiment had a bit of an Asian calligraphy style so I chose to use this beautiful fan-themed paper.  I love the colours and had just the enough Certainly Celery (a perfect colour match for the background of the origami paper) left for layering.  It's another great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment