Thursday, August 27, 2020

Glittered Butterflies

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is the start of a sentiment-less commissioned series that I recently completed.

The card base is Close To My Heart Lagoon.  The image is Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies die cut from Recollections White.  The wings are covered with Art Institute Mermaid Glitter, Stampendous Royal Glitter and Diamond Stickles.  The butterflies are layered on a piece of Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper, Stampin' Up Island Indigo and a white of unknown origin.

This card was a bit of an experiment and I'm reasonably happy with the results.  The girlfriend who requested these cards loves glitter, sparkle and shine so I couldn't resist playing with glitter on these butterflies.  It was a bit of a process as I had to allow for drying time.  I wish I had been just a bit more careful with the glue as there is some glitter that stuck outside the lines.  I'll figure it out better for the next time.  I'm so pleased with the results regardless of the extra glitter.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment