Thursday, August 6, 2020

Oak Leaves and Acorns

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another great autumn card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Cinnamon Cider.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a brown Bazzill.  The sentiment is of unknown origin stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more brown Bazzill.  The embellishments are Stampin' Up Designer Elements.

I will readily admit this is not my favourite card in this commission.  It's a little too brown and frankly, not even a really nice brown.  I thought the dark layer would help but every time I look at it, I wonder what Stampin' Up was thinking when they came up with Cinnamon Cider.  I'm glad I only have a couple of sheets from the sample pack otherwise I'd be hard pressed to find ways of using it.  I think the printed paper works well with the Cinnamon Cider with the scale of the images being perfect for a card.  I even used a favourite layout for this card...

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment