Saturday, September 19, 2020

Seagulls Negative

 Hello everyone,

Today's post uses the negative die cut from yesterday's card.


The card base is Close To My Heart Grey Flannel.  The image is Kaisercraft Seagulls decorative dies, cut from an ivory of unknown origin and layered on a piece of Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper, more Grey Flannel and Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow.

I don't believe I've every used the negative of a die cut but I've though about it often.  I think this particular die is perfect for the negative if you manage to cut it relatively straight - something I made a point of doing when I was pulling the elements together.  I experimented with a number of background layers, knowing I wanted to use a piece of alcohol inked paper. I was also thinking that this is a bit more of a masculine sentiment-less card which would be good for this commission.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment