Friday, March 12, 2021

Birthday Sweets

Hello everyone,

Today's post is, literally, a pair of sweet 'birthday' card.

The card bases are The Paper Studio.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Close To My Heart Saddle and Juniper.  The sentiments are Penny Black Banner Sentiments stamped in Stampin’ Up Early Espresso on Recollections White and layered on more Saddle and Juniper.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques, a flower of unknown origin and Fruit Punch Stickles.

This pair was another attempt to make masculine and feminine cards from the same printed paper.  I think it worked okay but the paper really is a little too feminine for super masculine cards.  I love this Penny Black sentiment set.  At first I was concerned about the waviness but once I ignore it, the sentiments work wonderfully.  I don't know how you'd use them if you tried to follow the shape of the wave.  The layouts are following many of the ones I've been using for this commission but they're tried, true and easy, and with this many cards, I can't imagine trying anything overly complex or fussy.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment