Friday, January 18, 2019

Elephant Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the second commissioned elephant card that I crafted for one of my husband's colleagues.


The image was crafted from a variety of paper punches and Spellbinders Nestabilities with Broken Glass Hand Crafted Silver paper.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on a white of unknown origin and layered on Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf.  The image and sentiment are layered on a white of unknown origin, Stampin' Up Soft Sky and more Broken Glass Hand Crafted Silver paper.  The heart was cut from a red Bazzill with Sizzix Hearts, Paisley Sizzlit.

This cute elephant was 'cased' from Pinterest.  I love how the textured silver paper really makes the image look like an elephant!  I wasn't sure about this card from the get go but I just kept going as I really wanted it to work.  I did have the borrowed stamped elephant images in reserve.  I worried that the card to be too juvenile but in the end, it worked.  I doubt I would craft another card like this but overall, the result is pretty decent and the recipient loved it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: