Thursday, January 17, 2019

Wild Anniversary

Hello everyone,

Today's post is an anniversary card that was commissioned by a colleague of my husband.


The printed paper is BoBunny Jungle Life Wildlife layered on Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Early Espresso.  The ribbon is Michael's and the gold heart brad is of unknown origin.

The only hints I received for this commission was elephants.  This was a bit of an issue as I've one elephant stamp and it's a distinctive baby stamp.  I don't generally do elephants (pandas, yes) and I wasn't keen on buying an elephant stamp for a single card.  I did borrow a stamp from a friend and stamped some images to keep for any future commissions.  I found this wildlife paper at my local stamping store and thought if I trimmed it carefully the elephants would be prominent.  I have to say, as hard as this card was to craft, the results are pretty decent.  My husband's colleague was pleased and that's what counts.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment