Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Floral Focus

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another fun spring-inspired birthday card.


The card base is Recollections White.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a white of unknown origin and Close To My Heart Smoothie.  The images and sentiment are Stampin' Up Birthday Blossoms stamped in Altenew Permanent Black and coloured with Chameleon Y02, RD3, GR1, GR2 and R3 markers.  The image/sentiment panel is layered on more Smoothie.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

This card is another breath of fresh air during a cold Ottawa winter.  I'm not totally pleased with the colouring but it's not the worst I've even done.  I tried to really mimic the flowers on the printed paper but couldn't get the ink light enough.  The shape of the two different flowers is similar though.  I added a few drops of Stickles for that little bit of sparkle.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment