Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Wheat Thank You

Hello everyone,

Today's post is one of my favourites of this batch I've been crafting.


The card base is Close To My Heart Whisper.  The background image is Stampin' Up Crosshatch stamped in Close To My Heart Whisper on Recollections White.  The focal image is Woodware Wheat stamped in Close To My Heart Pewter.  The image panel is layered on a brushed gold, a shimmery brown and a white all of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Altenew Many Thanks stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite on a white of unknown origin.

This card is all about the fabulous Woodware image.  It's a rather large and distinctive stamp so I don't use it often but I'm never disappointed when I do.  The pewter ink colour came out much more brown than I anticipated but I think it's because the stamped had a reddish stain, obviously not cleaned as well as it could have been, on it that was activated with fresh ink.  Regardless, I love the result.  It took be quite of bit of time to find coordinating layers in my scrap bin but it was worth the effort.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment